- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Hugged by a lovely beach and the backwaters on the other, Poovar is famed for its picturesque beauty and calm atmosphere. It is placed at the southern part of Trivandrum and it is the merely village that tracks the end of Kerala. A gateway to the backwaters, Ashtamudi Lake is the most popular place in Kollam, which is surrounded by lush green trees and swaying coconut palms. This 16 km long lake is the second largest lake in Kerala, which has found its way into the sea through the Neendakara estuary.
Beautiful beach and lake of Poovar and Ashtamudi
Arrival at Trivandrum Proceed to Poovar
Meet our representative at the airport proceed to Poovar ,the so is a small coastal fishing island at the southern tip of Thiruvananthapuram, district in Kerala. The village is embraced by a beautiful beach on one side and the backwaters on the other. It is a network of lagoons, lakes, canals, estuaries, deltas, interspersing forty-four rivers that join the Arabian Sea. It is said that the picturesque sight of red kovala flowers floating in the Neyyar River led to name the river as pu (flower) ar (river) or the river of flowers.Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast proceed to the beautiful capital city of kerala. The city sprawls on the seven low coastal hills with tree lined avenues, massive buildings, ancestral homes and a long sea coast. Visit Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple which is 16th century temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu, is the most impressive landmark of the city. Visit Sree Chitra Art Gallery, Napier Museum(Closed on Mondays, Wednesday, Govt Holidays, Visiting time :1.00 PM to 4.45 PM) , Science and technology museum (Closed on Mondays)etc as time permits. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Poovar to Ashtamudi
A gateway to the backwaters, Ashtamudi Lake is the most popular place in Kollam, which is surrounded by lush green trees and swaying coconut palms. This 16 km long lake is the second largest lake in Kerala, which has found its way into the sea through the Neendakara estuary. This place is so beautiful that tourists from different parts of the country and abroad, visit this natural paradise to catch a glimpse of one of many splendours of Ashtamudi. A lot of tourists come here to experience boat ride, which gives a glimpse of village life, natural habitat, and abundant flora. This lake is known for its panoramic beauty and eight channels that connects to one lake. It is because of its eight 'arms' or channels, that the lake is named Ashtamudi.
Kollam was once an international emporium of trade and even today it is a prosperous commercial center. Kollam is located on the edge of the famous Astamudi. Visit Cashew Factory, Thangassery Light House etc.Overnight stay at the hotel.
Transfer to Airport / Railway station. Back to home with sweet memories of your tour.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis inclusive of Buffet Breakfast
- All transfers and sightseeing arrangements by AC Vehicle as per itinerary.
- Vehicle at your disposal as per the itinerary.
- Services of a Well experienced driver.
- Driver Allowance, toll, parking fee, Night halt charges, inter- state permit and govt. applicable service tax.
- Child below 5 years on Complimentary basis.
- Meet & Greet Service with Flower Bouquet upon on Arrival
- Mineral Water & Snacks Box on the day of arrival
- All applicable taxes.
- Any other services or food which are not mentioned in the above "Includes" section.
- Expense of personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephones, beverages etc
- Airfares and Train ticket charges if any
- Any entrance Fees / Activities charges unless specific in inclusion.
No Details Found