Kumarakom is a small village located on the backwaters of Kerala in India. It is a popular tourist destination known for its beautiful landscapes, waterways, and houseboats. A tour of Kumarakom typically includes the following activities:
- Houseboat ride: A houseboat ride through the backwaters of Kumarakom is a must-do activity. These houseboats are traditional boats that have been converted into floating hotels, complete with bedrooms, bathrooms, and a dining area. The boat takes you through the waterways, giving you a chance to see the village life and the beautiful surroundings.
- Bird sanctuary: Kumarakom is home to a bird sanctuary where you can see a variety of migratory and local birds. The sanctuary is home to over 50 species of migratory birds like the Siberian stork, egret, and heron.
- Ayurvedic massages: Kerala is known for its Ayurvedic treatments and massages. A visit to Kumarakom would be incomplete without indulging in a relaxing Ayurvedic massage at one of the many Ayurvedic centers in the village.
- Temple visits: Kumarakom has many beautiful temples that are worth a visit. Some of the popular temples in the village include the Thirunakkara Mahadeva Temple and the Kumarakom Sree Krishna Temple.
- Food and shopping: Kumarakom has many local restaurants where you can try traditional Kerala dishes like appam, idli, and dosa. You can also shop for traditional handicrafts and souvenirs at the local markets in the village. View kumarakom Package